Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 8 - Fun Stuff





Since I'm in the process of baking cookies and making other treats, I will be showing some things in my kitchen and even share a recipe. Yesterday I spent most of the day baking three different batches of cookies. In the past few years cookie making has been done with my daughter and daughter-in-law. This year because of schedules we are doing things a little different.

Last week I mixed up four different cookie recipes. We are baking large batches of cookies on our own. Over this coming week-end we will be having our own cookie swap, with each of us ending up with enough cookies for sharing.

The forecast is for snow showers during the day and more wintry weather tonight into morning. Hope that a few more treats can be completed today.

There is one easy candy that we make each year and will share it with you. It's been around for some time. To make them look a bit more special, the mixture will be placed into little decorative paper cups. We have adapted this recipe to increase the amount of candy.
Christmas Candy - Makes 2 dozen( if dropped by teaspoon full)
1 (12 oz.) package Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet)
1 (12 oz.) package Butterscotch Chips
Combine both chips and melt in double boiler. (They can be melted in a microwave.)
1 (3 oz.) can Chow Mein Noodles
1 (12 oz.) can peanuts ( I chop the peanuts a little.)
Add Chow Mein noodles and peanuts to melted mixture and stir well. Drop by
teaspoon onto a buttered cookie sheet. Refrigerate until firm. (I use a small spoon to
drop the mixture into the paper cups and the chill till firm.)
Photos are some of the fun things I have on display in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment