Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Flurries

How appropriate to wake up this morning with snow flurries flying and seeing patches of white on the ground.  The calendar says - December 1, 2010.  I may be getting older but I guess I'm a kid at heart.  I could sit and watch the snow come down.  I love the first snow and even the second and third.

I'm sure many are going "ugh" and that's alright.  There's something about winter that I just happen to like.  It could be the holidays, it could be my birthday, it could be just that it's a time that has a way of telling us "stay in, sit down, think about things, try to relax".  All easier said then done, especially during this busy holiday time.  Families will be celebrating Hanukkah, Christmas and Kwanzaa.

I'm going to take some time each evening to sit down with a holiday magazine in my hand, and watching a holiday movie or listening to holiday music quietly playing, with a cup of hot chocolate or steamed vanilla milk or hot cider, while the Christmas tree twinkles with lights next to me.

Take the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment