Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 5 - For You, From Me

This week we are using another of Karen Burniston "pop up" dies.  Another die with may possibilities and I can only create one right now.  It can be used in many clever ways to give gift cards for all occasions.
I chose to use the recent anniversary that my husband and I celebrated a couple of weeks ago as my inspiration for a different version of a gift card.  A small, black and white copy of a recent photo was printed and becomes the focal point on the "pop up" billboard inside the card.  The die-cut pieces, of Karen's  die, that I received in my package were shades of grey, so I stayed within the hues of black and grey for this project.

The phrase "for you" was cut from one of the two pieces that I received and used on the front of the card along with a strip of satin ribbon. A small bow was created using the "create a bow" die by Eileen Hull and black and silver paper. These two elements were layered onto a glossy black piece of card stock that was embossed with the "dots" impression folder.
The inside of the card was completed according to the directions that come with the die.  NOTE: You can watch a video by Karen that shows how to assemble the card by clicking here.

Besides the photo, include a hand written note. Eyelets were added to the center bottom of the card, both front and back. Short lengths of the same ribbon are tied into the eyelets to form a ribbon closure.
A super, simple, all-in-one "gift card" to wish a special wish to someone special!
This is another very versatile die, just using it once I can see very many possible ways of using it.
Materials:
Sizzix Bigz XL Gift Card with Phrase Die
Sizzix Bigz Bow, Create-a-Bow Die
Sizzix Textured Impressions Folder, Dots
Sizzix Sizzlits Easy Peasy Alphabet Die
Sizzix Big Shot Machine
Metallic Card Stock, dark grey
Glossy Card Stock, black
Colored Paper, flat black, metallic silver
EK Border Punch
Photo
Wonder Tape
Beacon Zip Dry Glue
May Arts Satin Ribbon, 3/ 16" black&silver
Silver Star Paper Brad

Now take some time to sit down and get loads of inspiraton.  Check out all the other designers version of this project.  All you need to do is click "forward" or "back" on the Triple Play button that is just right of this post.  If you click on "Sizzix"  it will take you to a master list of all the designers who are participants.  Take some time to leave a comment, short or long, it will be appreciated to hear from you. Any questions about the project or product, please ask.

7 comments:

  1. I love the understated elegance of this piece. It looks like something out of a Fred and Ginger movie from the '40s. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candice I like your comment. I'm babysitting right now and not much time till tonight to sit and take in all the inspiration. Can't wait to see it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I zapped my comment again! Madeline, this card is gorgeous! I love the classy colors and the love that's the subject of it. The bow on the front is spectacular! Thank you for using my die in such a gorgeous way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black and white photo is perfect with the silvery elegance you used for your colors. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This totally made me smile! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! And the b/w photo matched perfectly.

    ReplyDelete