Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 4 - What I Am Thankful For

Today is a day to give "thanks".  I feel very grateful to have a number of things to be thankful for. We will be gathering a little later, for a day with our children and grandchildren.  This will be the first Thanksgiving were we will not be with relatives that travel from out of state to celebrate this holiday. In other words it will be quiet and laid back with only eleven instead of as many as forty.  I love family, but I am thankful for the quieter time!

If you take some time to spend reading this blog today, I will be extremely thankful!
Thanks Kids!
So on to this next design ... I decided to change things up a little with this wonderful die, designed by Eileen Hull.  It's nice to design something for these "hops" that I can use or give away when it's done.  For this week's idea what better subjects to use but those sweet grandchildren that I am extremely thankful for.
The larger pieces from the die.
A 6"x 13" mat board for three frame backs
I used the majority of the pieces cut from the die.  The smallest frame back is cut using and Original Sizzix square die.  The middle two frame backs were cut from the mat board using an X-acto knife, then rounding the corners with a Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper.
The frame line-up.
Again I wanted to show a variety of ways to finish the pieces. This project used mainly papers, paints and inks.
Tiny hinges hold the four frames together
I apologize for the "bad" photos. The ink supply in the printer was very low on a couple colors and there was no time to get replacements today.  (Busy with preparing several things for Thanksgiving dinner.)  If time had allowed and if I had another set of the die-cuts, I would have added additional frames and  photos to the opposite side of each square.
Back view - Another place for additional photos
So start the hop from my blog by clicking on the "Button" on the right of this post, or start at the Sizzix site to go alphabetically through the list.  Either way the "button" with guide you to each designers blog post to get some wonderful inspiration. (NOTE: If you have any questions about process or products, please feel free to ask.)

Happy Thanksgiving all you readers ... I will be very thankful if you leave a comment!

Materials:
Sizzix Scoreboard Pro Die Frame & Frame Back w/ stand by Eileen Hull
Sizzix Big Shot Pro Machine
Sizzix Little Sizzles 12" x 12" Matboard, White (for Frame)
Sizzix Little Sizzles 6" x 13" Matboard, White (for extra backs)
Sizzix Original Square #2
Sizzix Bigz Tag, Super Crescent
SIzzix Original Super Crescent Tag
Sizzix Original Tag Set
Sizzilits Tag Set, Crescent
Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Cardstock DCWV "Crafty Stack"
Cardstock My Mind's Eye "Wild Asparagus"-"my family" stripe
National Hardware Decorative Hinges, 5/8" x 1" (7)
Mini Paper Brads
Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber - Willow, Hazelnut, Lettuce, Aqua, Metallic Copper
Ranger Distress Crackle Paint - Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo
Ranger Distress Ink - Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen
Beacon Zip Dry Glue
May Arts Ribbon, Copper Metallic, Wired
May Arts Rick-Rack, Antique
Assorted Solid Cardstock
Transparent Adhesive Letters
Wire Clips
Paper Piercing Tool

9 comments:

  1. Love your use of ALL the pieces! And what an adorable way to celebrate your grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline, I love the large-to-small display of this piece and the back is almost as pretty as the front. The photos of those precious kids put the front over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project. I did the same thing with mine! I guess great minds think a like. I love the colors and the smiley faces of your grandchildren. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Madeline, happy Thanksgiving! Love your fun project, it's just beautiful and very clever. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and great idea on using all the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This accordion frame album is to be cherished on view all year long. Mahalo for sharing a charming way to use this diecut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this project Madeline, so useful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with all of the frame pieces. How brilliantly clever!

    ReplyDelete