Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"... Be Kind."

I couldn't let today pass without writing a post about my "kind" friend Mary.  This morning we gathered to say our good-byes to her.
I met Mary many years ago while working at our near-by high school.  It's here where I, along with a number of others formed a "friendship".  While working there, Mary was a "teacher assistant", though she spent years before working as a "Special Ed" teacher.  Our little group worked in a variety of positions at school, but we had something that brought us close as friends.  Mary had many groups like this in her life and knowing her you could see why.

Cheerful and smiling and soft spoken are what I remember about her instantly.  There are many things I could say about Mary, those of us who knew her are likely feeling the same as I do today.  We are sad to see you leave all of us, though we realize you are at peace.

You have fought through a difficult time and I so admire your fight!

So I will remember her smiling Irish face, her sweetness, her thoughtfulness and so many other moments of laughing with friends.

In the obituary from the paper was a quote that she frequently used:
"If you have a choice to be right or be kind ... always be kind."  
And you were Mary and I love you for that!  Will miss friend.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment