Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To Craft Or Not To Craft

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."   Maya Angelou




I'm trying so hard to find time for some serious, continuous crafting time during this National Month of Crafting.  So far I've only accomplished a couple of actual crafting projects.  Since the beginning of March I have been working on doing several things, all somehow in a round about way, related to "crafts".

The quilting group that I belong to, are working on getting simple quilt tops sewn.  We are trying to get a variety of quilts together to have on hand for donations for special needs.  I will be quilting them for the group on my quilting frame.  Though before starting them I need to finish the one that is still on there.  The quilt that is on the frame is going to my daughter as soon as it's complete.  It's getting there and I need to spend several hours to finish it.  (The photo above shows just a small area of the quilt.)

For the past several days I have been in my workroom reorganizing my tools, supplies and space.  I have found the need to move several things around to give them easier access and closer at hand for working on projects.

I"m anxious to share a photo of one of the projects I made for a friend.  Once I know that it was received, I will be posting the photo and some explanation of how I created it.  I'm a little concerned that something happened at the Post Office.

Along with all the sewing and reorganizing going on, I have three projects started and anxious to share those here too.  One is for Easter, one a book for my granddaughter and the  third is a book made from a variety of recycled materials.

1 comment: