Friday, November 13, 2009

Busy Time

Since returning home from Houston (almost a month ago) my days have been busy. Once home, I realized that the holiday season was right around the corner. Immediately we began to make plans for the usual annual family Thanksgiving. When I know that I would be hosting a large number of people, I like to get a good start. After sending out the "evite" to the family, it became clear that it wasn't going to be a usual year for this annual family gathering. Instead of hosting, we will be going to be guests this year, and that's OK! Now we are looking forward to hosting the family on Christmas Day.

I never like to rush the holidays, but I find myself doing just that this year. The past couple of days I have been bringing out the Christmas decorations and getting things in place. It may seem a little early, but the next couple of weeks will be busy with a variety of things, and I don't want to be rushed getting things decorated. Another reason to get all this done now is the unseasonable weather. We may as well get those lights up before the winds change, the temperatures drop and the possibility of snow is in the forecast.

This upcoming week will find us celebrating our 39th anniversary and hope to find some time to at least go out for lunch. It will also find us with Tess several days, while mom and dad prepare to move into a new house by the end of the week. The following week we will be on call, if help is needed, when our grandson Joseph, has his adenoids removed. Sometime in the next couple of weeks I also have plans to begin making several cookie doughs, to get a little ahead and help out my daughter and daughter-in-law.

Once the decorating is complete and the baking gets started, I will share photos, ideas and recipes in my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment