Monday, July 26, 2010

Time For Some Creative Fun

A quick trip to the area Hobby Lobby and Michael's stores last week to find some materials to make a new decoration for the front door, also found other items in my take home bag.

It seems that I always have to browse the aisles at the stores looking for something that I haven't seen before or overlooked.  Just so happens that I found some fun things for jewelry making.  While at Michael's I found some great elements called "industrial CHIC" that are designed by Susan Lenart Kazmer.  If you haven't seen her creations before you should check them out...Funky and Cool!  I always hit the clearance racks too ... it's amazing the finds!

At Hobby Lobby found some interesting necklace materials called Silkies™ by Pepperell Braiding Co., already formed with a very simple closure.  I like them because of the length.  Being on the short side I have a problem with most necklaces being too long.

I'm not Margot Potter or Katie Hacker but I do like to make simple jewelry from time to time.  So this blog post I will share some simple pieces that I created in the past couple of days.  I have a stash of jewelry findings that I searched through to find what I wanted to use.  The five necklaces and two bracelets were created from new and old supplies.  Elements for that bottom two "junkque" jewelry are from my treasure boxes filled with wonderful "junkque"

No comments:

Post a Comment