Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Bunch of Bows

This blog post was originally supposed to be posted this past Wednesday morning, May 26th, when Eileen Hull's Blog Hop went live.  If you read my previous post, you will know the reason I was unable to get my link added to the hop up and running.  I still want to share my ideas with everyone.  My contribution shows the versatility of materials that can be used with these wonderful dies.

Well it's been fun working with all these wonderful designs in this selection of Sizzix dies.  I'm thankful to Eileen for giving me the chance to participate in her blog hop featuring her Scoreboard designs.  So today is the final installment of "Sizzix Scoreboard Blog Hop" using the Create-a-bow die.

Eileen sent us the cut paper pieces to create a bow.  I had previously sent Eileen a variety of materials and asked her to use the materials to cut whatever she could with her Scoreboard dies.  I'm working on completing all the pieces.  Once I have them all finished I will be showing them in a blog post.  Of the materials I sent, Eileen was able to cut pieces using the bow die from three of the materials.

Again I tried to look beyond the obvious and see what I could create.  I used a variety of coloring techniques.  It was also fun to try to find a different way to form the bow.  So here I have four various looks using the  Sizzix Bigz "create-a-bow" die.
The pieces for this bow were cut using Lutradur.  I painted the pieces with Adirondack Acrylic Paint Daubers.  The edges were cut with scallop scissors.  Punched holes into the pieces and wove ribbon through the holes.  Constructed the bow and added a Lutradur rose in the center of the bow.
This bow was cut from quilers vinyl.  I sponged on a small amount of Lumiere Gold paint and immediately sponged on Lumiere Crimson paint to one side of the pieces.  Constructed the bow slightly different by reversing the second layer of the loops and adding a button to the center.
This version was also made using quilters vinyl.  This time Ranger Alcohol Inks were used to color the vinyl.  Leaves were cut from vinyl with another Sizzix die, Leaves.  The strips formed the flower.  Leaves are added for a finishing touch.  This could be used as a pin or embellishment for a purse, bag, hairband or lapel.
This last design was cut using Taracloth.  One side (smooth) was painted using Adirondack Paint Dauber in two shades of yellow.  The other side (fabric) was brushed with Adirondack Butterscotch Acrylic Paint.  I only used two sizes of the strips.  I cut slits into the strips, twisted the strips to form the flower and added fabric leaves, again cut with another Sizzix die.

To see the other creative ideas, check out Eileen's blog at: Eileen Hull
I will share the paper bow that Eileen sent us in another blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Madeline, Thanks so much for posting. These all look amazing and if I got one that pretty on a package I would frame it!

    ReplyDelete