Friday, May 7, 2010

Making Simple Invitations



Sharing with you some creativity while planning a bridal shower for a family member in this post.  My first thought was to use one of the digital "evite" sites for getting out invitations.  With the shower being on a small scale, plus having a great collection of wonderful craft tools, I decide to go with "handmade".  


I was off to Michael's for paper.  Unfortunately with all the paper I have on hand, there was nothing in the correct color palette I needed.  Found two shades of textured, purples (Puppy Love & Flirty) by Bazzill Bling Papers to use.


One 12 x 12 square of paper made two invitations.  I used the Sizzix® Bigz XL Accordian Album #2 die to cut the paper along with my Big Shot.  With the shapes cut, I embossed one half of the invite with Sizzix textured impression folder.  From cut off scraps, I used a Sizzilit Decorative Strip die to make decorative stripes for an added embellishment for the invitations.  


With the use of my computer and some decorative fonts, I created the wording for the invite.  The message was printed on a white linen-like paper in a shade of purple.  They were cut to fit one half of the card.  I used a Fiskars embossing corner punch on the corners of the inserts.  Then they were put in place using Zots™ clear adhesive dots by Therm O Web.  I also used one Zot™ on the flap of the card for sealing.  


The strips that were cut were placed around each invitation, meeting at the center front with a touch of paper glue.  Leaves were punched from two shades of green paper and flowers punched from a patterned paper.  The flowers were dabbed with Dusty Concord Distress Ink™and brushed slightly with Perfect Pearls™ Forever Violet powder.  


Three flower punches were glued together to form a flower embellishment.  The two sets of green leaves were glued together at the stem.  The set of leaves were glued at the center of the decorative strip and ending with the flower centered on the leaves.  


Most of the invitations will be hand delivered on Sunday at a Mother's Day brunch.  Two will need to be mailed.  For a mailing envelope I will be placing the complete invitation in a cellophane bag, sealed with a decorative sticker and a printed mailing label and stamp.


The next item to create will be shower favors.  Will be happy to share those with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment