Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Apples


Isn't that a beautiful basket of apples! Our neighbors went apple picking on Sunday with their family and brought us back a "peck of apples". Thank you Jackie & Matt!

Well I can't wait to make something yummy with them. The weather forecast for later in the week is cooling temperatures, even if it stays warm this week, I'm going to bake something. Can't decide if it should be a traditional apple pie, a favorite streusel topped apple pie, apple slices or apple fritters? Once I decide, I will share it with you, but only in photos!

1 comment:

  1. When I lived in upstate New York, I would go with a friend and pick the "drops" at the local apple orchard. We used our plastic laundry baskets to gather the fallen apples. Then I'd make (and can) stewed/glazed apples. Simple in the microwave: just peel/core/slice, then cover and microwave until you like the texture. Yum.
    Thanks for posting our Totally-Creative magazine banners!

    ReplyDelete