Monday, February 7, 2011

A Rose Is A Rose

"There may be many flowers in  one's life, but there is only one rose."  
Who doesn't like flowers?  They seem to always have a way to make a person happy.  Flowers can say... "I love you!",  "I care", "You are special", "Feel Better", "Happy Anniversary", "Happy Birthday" or numerous other intentions.
I have been experimenting with making flowers, using punches made by McGill.  They have a line of punches, called Paper Blossoms, that are used to create various flowers from paper.  Being someone who just has to see if there is another way to use a product, I had to try something a little different.
Using a thin gauge metal, I painted it on both sides using Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers (Red Pepper) and Adirondack Dimensional Pearls (Cranberry).  The shapes were punched from the metal.  Basically the same instructions can be followed for working with the metal pieces as with paper.

I printed a color copy of one of my many vintage postcards.  Cut a piece of heavy card stock for backing and adhered the copy.  Of course the edges needed some Distress Inks and added a little touch of Stickles along the top and bottom edges.  After gluing the large rose, a rose bud and several leaves onto the image, a organza ribbon finishes the card.
Another example of a flower made with the punches.

1 comment:

  1. They are gorgeous. I might have to make some myself!

    ReplyDelete