Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hearts In Hand

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."   -   Helen Keller

The weather is forcing me to stay inside and not venture out the past couple of days.  Listening to weather updates and watching the snow blowing gets a bit boring.  Kids of all ages are loving every minute of this "blizzard" and the curmudgeons ... not so much!  

Still hoping to share some photos and maybe a short video soon of the "Blizzard of 2011"!  Sounds ominous doesn't it, but being someone who lived through the one in '67, the winter of '79 and the storm of '99, this was a "biggie", but honestly think too much is being made of the whole thing.  I should say the media is trying to make more of it then needs to be.  That's something I could write pages about but there are more creative and fun things to get on to.

Here is a pattern that I bought a year ago at Spring Quilt Festival. Actually found two different patterns, along with handles to make "changeable" purses.  
This particular pattern has been sitting on my sewing table for months just waiting to be made.  When I decided to make the blog posts this month about hearts and love and such, it gave me one of those "lightbulb" moments.  So I took the pattern and made up a purse cover for the month of February.  With this one finished, I think I'll feature a new one each month with you.  I love the handle!  Here is the website of the company for you to check out:  www.quiltplus.net.  I'm sure that I will do a couple of quilted versions, but it will be more fun to experiment with the pattern, using various materials and changing the size.
I used scraps left from a recycled, felted wool sweater.  Using my trusty, always "go to" Sizzix dies and Big Shot, I cut out a variety of primitive heart shapes.  They were then felted onto a piece of cream colored felt, cut to the size of the pattern.  It was then embellished with "strings of pearls", a few heart shaped sequins and tiny Swarovski crystals for just a touch of bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment