Friday, September 3, 2010

Big Week-End & Celebration Ahead


Tomorrow we are heading to Lake Lawn Resort near the little Wisconsin town of Delavan.  Family is gathering this Labor Day week-end for the 90th birthday of my mother-in-law.  I fondly call her "Gram".
She is the mother of nine children, the grandmother of twenty-one and the great-grandmother of eighteen, with the nineteenth expected in December. Adding the spouses of her children and grandchildren the total family members will be 70. Along with another dozen relatives and friends, it will be quite a group.

 She's quite a lady!  I'll be sharing some moments from the occasion later after the celebration.

We have put together a scrapbook of pages, created by each family member to present to her.  I am sharing my personal page.  This page shows copies of only a few "recipes" that are from Gram's collection that she has shared with me.  In the note, I explain how these recipes, along with her "recipe for life" have filled all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment