Friday, February 5, 2010

Heart #4



    " Where so ever you go, go with all your heart".     Confucius


Today I have two things to share with you.  Yesterday I mentioned that I was working on a felt pouch to protect and hold my iPod Touch.  I did finish it last evening.

 It's a very simple design that is put together with Fabri-Tac glue and a few small stitches here and there.  I had several different ideas for embellishing the pouch, like buttons, beads and some sparkling jewels, but chose to just do an simple blanket stitch around the heart shape with red metallic thread.  I was concerned that carrying the pouch in a purse or pocket it would get bounced around and the add-ons would loosen and fall off.  On the opposite side of the pouch is a small pocket to hold the earphones.

The second thing to share is another magazine I came across on Wednesday while grocery shopping.  There is a special interest publication by Better Homes and Garden called "Mixing Bowl.com" available till April 27th.  It is filled with a wonderful variety of recipes.  Fresh ideas for meals and treats.  Each recipe has a photo to correspond so you can see how the finished dish will look.  I don't remember seeing this publication before, but for some new twists on some meal ideas it might just be worth picking up. And also check out the website ... that's worth a look too!

No comments:

Post a Comment