Monday, August 24, 2015

...So Just like that, Summer fell into Fall...

    I smell Autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin and crisp sunburnt leaves.

Only one week left to the month of August.  Many schools are back in session.  The final holiday of the summer season is quickly approaching.  The sun is setting a bit earlier and the nights are getting cooler.  Autumn is coming  - like it or not!  This has always been my favorite season and it will never change.  There are personal things that have taken place during this season that should maybe affect me, but I won't let that happen.


It's been some time since I last wrote a blog post just because I wanted to say something and this will be one!

Some favorite things to enjoy about the time is my fondness for baking.  Yesterday it began with a new recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread.  Made with zucchini from my son's garden, this recipe will be a "keeper" for sure.

Having decided to not deal with plants this summer, for some reason when I see pots of mums I can't refuse them.

It won't be long before we could be seeing some signs of autumn that I enjoy the most, which is the changing of colors.  Watching the leaves change from greens to an array of vibrant colors is truly amazing.  While playing around with some of Makin's Clay colors that I had on hand, I created some lovely leaves of my own before nature could get in on the act.  I made several leaves.  I decided to use two of the leaves for a redo of a used candle container.  The others look good just used alone as a decoration on a table, but could be used in a variety of different ways.



So as the seasons change and so do I, I will leave you with some autumn thoughts -  "Fall has always been my favorite season.  The time when everything bursts with its last beauty as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale."  - Lauren DeStefano






No comments:

Post a Comment