Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Time

According to the calendar, summer officially began a week ago today.  With a very hot week to begin our summer season, it took everything to stay cool!  The weather today is how I like my summer's to be ... Warm, sunny, breezy and zero humidity!

The fact that we can think about summer beginning with the first day of June or June 21st, it is hard to believe that July is just days away.  Come the 4th of July, it tells me our summer is half over.  How can that
be?  I guess the fact that so much has happened since the end of May that I have just lost track of time.

So I'm taking time today to think of just about SUMMER.
I'm sharing a collage canvas that I made a couple of years ago.  My inspiration for this came from a similar project I made in a class taught by Tim Holtz.  I love seasonal decorations, so I came up with the idea to use the small stretched canvas squares to make a collage for each season that I can display on a small wooden set of shelves in our front hall.  The colors shout "summer" and clippings with related words and stamping add to the design.  The collage is covered with beeswax, imbedding the clippings onto the canvas surface.

As I sit here writing this blog post, I am enjoying an iced coffee.  In a a couple of hours it will be 5 o'clock and just like in the Jimmy Buffet song, it will be cocktail time.  My choice will be a tall "gin & tonic", before supper.

With the month of July quickly approaching, I'm hoping to share some photos and posts about many of my favorite things ...  everything Americana, "red, white & blue", 4th of July and USA related.

No comments:

Post a Comment